9 Tips for Homeschooling Your Kids During the Coronavirus Crisis
We’re facing a unique circumstance this year as the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis has led to more people working from home and the shut down of school districts in the middle of the school year. For most parents, this means they’re attempting to get their kids to do their schoolwork at home.
This can be deeply challenging, so we will step away a bit from the general focus of our podcast and tackle a topic that I have some extensive background in.
In today’s episode, I’m going to give you some tips for homeschooling your kids to keep them productive as much as possible. My wife and I have been homeschooling our kids since 2009. While we’re not perfect, we have some experience to share that you might find helpful.
If you’re looking for that 1% of inspiration to help you during this trying time, then this episode is right for you.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Space: Giving each kid their own space for studying [03:00]
- Schedule: Having a regular schedule [04:12]
- Sports: Set plenty of time for physical activities or exercise [04:51]
- Sweats: Dress them in clothes that set their mindset for studying [05:43]
- Screens: Limit their screen time or time playing video games [06:30]
- Sweep: Give them extra chores [07:41]
- Spats: Be slow to anger when your kids fight [08:25]
- Sleep: Give them as much opportunity to sleep as possible [9:38]
- Spouse: Be on the same page as your spouse [10:26]
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!