What is the most important responsibility of a leader?
It is to communicate. The complex, challenging and risky nature of the business requires leaders to constantly communicate up, down, across and outside of the organization, and it is critical that leaders understand and consistently emphasize three specific messages to those they lead. These three messages make up the three pillars of powerful communication:
In the next three solo episodes of Construction Genius I am going to detail each of those.
In this episode let’s talk about vision.
- [00:02:00] The three pillars of powerful communication
- [00:04:33] Vision is critical for the success of a construction business.
- [00:05:01] Three aspects of vision.
- [00:05:31] The link between vision and human nature.
- [00:07:44] Wal-Mart’s vision statement
- [00:08:59] The purpose statement of a construction company
- [00:09:44] The values of a construction company
- [00:10:34] A really good company vision is inspirational and aspirational
- [00:13:27] Don’t worry what other people think, craft your vision statement in your own words
- [00:15:42] Two more examples from construction companies
- [00:18:40] How Vance Lancaster, of Lancaster-Burns has used his company’s vision in every day operations
- [00:21:58] Construction Leader’s Assessment: https://www.ericanderton.com/construction-leadership-assessment/
- [00:22:35] Need facilitation help? Reach out to me on my website www.ericanderton.com/contact