In this solo episode, Eric talks about building relationships by having difficult conversations. This podcast was inspired by a book he read years ago entitled Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott. He discusses 7 principles that we can use when having difficult conversations and resolving conflict to allow us to focus on building quality and profitable projects. We are reminded that in the midst of conflict, no one is obliged to change but, instead, each one is invited to engage in conversation to get through the challenges.
In this episode we cover:
- How conflicts arise in construction projects.
- Reasons why and consequences that may arise when people avoid difficult conversations.
- Maximising profit and performance by having difficult conversations.
- The 7 conversational principles:
- Interrogate reality.
- Come out from behind your mask.
- Give your full attention.
- Tackle your toughest challenge today.
- Ask just one more que
- Be responsible for your emotional wake.
- Let the silence do the heavy lifting.