In the construction industry preparation is vital for everything, from bidding, planning, and building work. We spend time preparing for things in the business so we can execute our work well; however, as important as it is to get the work done by careful preparation, have you stopped and asked if you are devoting that same amount of quality time to get ready for the day and ready for your leadership responsibilities?
A great day doesn’t just happen by chance, if we desire for a great day to unfold, we also need to prepare for it and that’s what I talk about in this week’s episode. I share my personal morning routine, the things I consider during reflection and how it helps me get into the right frame of mind so I am ready to face a great day, every day. I do not just wish to inform but challenge you as well to get into this daily practice although it’s not easy.
If you’re up to the challenge of getting ready for a great day, tune in to this episode.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- My morning routine [0:56]
- Overview of podcast episode [1:19]
- Gratitude [2:04]
- Pain [4:24]
- Love [5:54]
- Encouragement (Who needs encouragement?)
- Accountability (Who needs accountability?)
- Recognition (Who deserves a pat on the back?)
- Know what your unique contribution is [8:37]
- Sobriety [10:09]
I have spoken live and virtually to construction associations such as:
- The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- The Associated General Contractors of California (AGC of California)
- Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange (SRBX)
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA)
- Construction Financial Management Association (Sacramento Chapter)
Contact me about speaking to your association or convention go to: https://www.ericanderton.com/contact/
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!