We often find construction executives and leaders doing minor issues that lead to overwhelm and stress. In this episode we discuss practical tips and insights in using time blocks to help you become more effective leaders. We cover 3 things about time blocks in this episode: benefits, hindrance, and types of blocks.
In this episode we cover:
- Definition of a time block.
- The 4 benefits of time blocks: frees you up to concentrate, increases productivity, empowers others by causing them to become more resourceful, and shows you where others need to be trained.
- The hindrance to blocks: The Hero, The Perfectionist , The Nice Guy.
- The Types of Blocks that you can employ as a leader: Project Block, People Block, Geographic Block.
- Real life examples of using time blocks.
- Tips on applying and using time blocks in your life and business: identify your hindrances, communicating your time blocks and, implementing them.
A time block defined: A set amount of time that you spend doing only one thing.
- – The benefit of blocks
- – The hinderance to blocks
- – The types of blocks
The Benefit of Blocks
- Frees you up to concentrate
- Increases productivity
- Empowers others by causing them to become more resourceful
- Shows you where others need to be trained
The Hinderance to Blocks
You are your main hinderance. Specifically, how you perceive yourself…
- The Hero
- The Perfectionist
- The Nice Guy
The Types of Blocks
- Project Block:
- People Block:
- Geographic Block:
- Identify your hinderances
- Communicate your time block
- Start Small and commit for at least 30 days
- Get rid of distractions
- Use music
If you are a construction company owner or CEO and you or someone who reports to you is struggling with overwhelm, and you’d like some help reach out to me via my website: www.ericanderton.com/contact
Leave me a message there and I’ll get back to you.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my YouTube channel