Jean Bjork is the President and Owner of Bjork Construction, a general contractor based in Fremont, CA.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover:
- Jean starting off as a welder in her parent’s business
- Valuable lessons her mom taught her about running a business
- Getting married to a carpenter and starting a construction business
- Continually learning about the Construction Industry as her company grew
- Thriving in a male dominated industry
- Allowing the quality of her work to establish her in construction
- Bringing her daughter into the business, with the goal of passing the company onto her.
- How to bring more women into the construction industry on the project side of the business
- The importance of providing women a supportive workplace
- Leadership traits that are essential to success
- Rookie mistakes that new leaders make
- Three words of advice for women who want to get into construction
This episode is brought to you by the Construction Leaders Dashboard.
Use it to clarify how you are going to be a successful leader.
This is what one of my clients, Chris Barkley, Director of Field Operations, at Teichert Construction says about the Construction Leaders Dashboard:
“The structure of Eric’s coaching process has been beneficial. Our business ramps up in the summer, and when things are going crazy, our guys keep our field operations running smoothly. They tell me that using the Construction Leaders Dashboard framework that Eric introduced to them has been awesome because they’ve been able to put pen to paper, clarify their personal goals, and relate them to their leadership responsibilities and Teichert’s objectives. It’s helped to simplify their focus and anchor them back into what they’ve committed to accomplishing this season.”
The Dashboard will help you beat overwhelm, stay focused and maximize your leadership impact.
Click this link to get your copy: Construction Leaders Dashboard