Saving time and money is essential on every construction project.
In an urban environment, maximizing the use of space is critical also. What if there was a way to reduce the space required for parking by 40-60%, save money by eliminating the floors of concrete needed for a traditional parking structure, and cut 30-90 days off the project schedule? All of this is achievable, and on today’s show you’ll find out how.
This is the first in a series of interviews that I’ll be doing with CEOs of companies that are leading the construction industry forward in terms of new systems, processes and technologies.
My guest is Scott Gable, CEO of City Lift Parking, a company that is revolutionizing the way buildings are built in the United States, particularly in urban, land constrained environments. CityLift Parking designs, installs, and services automated parking systems that reduce the footprint needed for parking and can typically be done at a lower cost per space than conventional parking.
- What is automated parking?
- Why automated parking is beginning to grow in the United States
- How automated parking can make building in a unique space viable
- The benefits of automated parking vs. conventional parking structure
- How automated parking anticipates a future where less vehicles are in use
- The flexibility of automated parking solutions when parking needs change
- Using traditional construction best practices when installing automated parking systems
- Lessons learned from over 2000 automated parking installations
- Why a good conceptual design is vital in choosing an automated parking solution
- The importance looking at automated parking early in the planning process
This episode is brought to you by The Construction Leaders Dashboard.
The Construction Leaders Dashboard is one of the simplest and yet most powerful tools for leaders in construction companies of all sizes.
Construction companies use this tool to get clear on strategic priorities, recruit new field and office talent who are aligned with the mission and values of the firm, and as a development planning tool to develop the next generation of leaders.
It will empower you to:
- Focus on what matters, so that you spend your time doing the things that have the most impact with clients.
- Make sure that everyone in the organization is aligned, accountable, and contributing equally to the company’s growth and success.
- Attract, develop, and retain future leaders who can continue to move the organization forward.