You do not want to meddle in another person’s affairs, but sometimes it’s obvious that someone on your team is struggling. Their ability to perform at a high level is affected by what they are going through. They are stuck.
In this week’s episode of Construction Genius, I explore why people get stuck, the impact it has upon your organization, and how you can help people get unstuck.
Tune in to this episode.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- The first reason people get stuck: Skill [2:25]
- The second reason people get stuck: Relationships [3:49]
- Business development
- Job specific basis
- The third reason people get stuck: Will [6:13]
- Change in culture in construction
- Change in technology
- Change in economy
- Personal crisis
- The impact of stuck people upon your organization, project partners, your clients [9:41]
- How to respond when someone in your organization is stuck [11:38]
- A simple framework of small steps you can take to help those who are stuck [15:09]
- A challenge to commit to meeting people who are stuck [21:53]
- Career Development Plan (https://www.ericanderton.com/onepagecareerplan/)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!