“The truth of it Eric is that without construction there is no economy in California. We are the foundation on which the entire economy of California has built upon. We are industry One.” Peter Tateishi
Peter Tateishi, CEO of Associated General Contractors of California (AGC of California) joins Eric for a fascinating exploration of the mission of his organization.
Founded in 1920, the Associated General Contractors of California is the premier organization of choice for both experienced and next generation construction and contracting professionals.
Peter has been the CEO of the AGC of California since January 2018. In that time, he has been instrumental in helping the membership shape a Mission Statement that expresses the conviction that the Construction Industry is foundational to the success of California.
Join Peter and Eric as they discuss:
- The state of the Construction Industry in California
- How AGC of California members are actively creating opportunities to build and strengthen California
How, by shaping policy, improving industry relationships, and developing the workforce, the AGC of California members are making a significant positive contribution to the world’s 6th largest economy.
- [00:02:21] The Mission of AGC of California
- [00:03:19] The Construction industry is vital to California
- [00:05:03] How the Construction industry impacts California’s future
- [00:07:43] Planting the flag in 2018 for the “No on Prop. 6”
- [00:08:53] How AGC member companies strengthen California
- [00:09:46] The unique and varied career opportunities that Construction provides
- [00:12:34] How Peter’s experience in politics influences his approach to shaping policy
- [00:16:13] Project Labor Agreements, and how AGC is getting involved with Municipalities and Labor.
- [00:22:36] The difference between “Workforce Development” and “Developing our Workforce”
- [00:23:39] Build California: A new AGC program (launching Summer 2019) aimed at changing the perception of the Construction Industry in the eyes of those who influence future generations.
- [00:27:41] How the Construction Industry gives people an opportunity to experience challenge, teamwork and camaraderie.
- [00:29:19] What Construction leaders can do to lend their voice to the promotion of the industry.
AGC of California Website
AGC of California Mission Statement:
We believe the construction industry is vital to the success of California.
Together, our members actively create opportunities to build and strengthen our state.
We are passionate about shaping policy, improving industry relationships, and developing our workforce.